|Could You Use a Coach?
If you answered "yes" to even one of these questions, working with a coach may be the ideal way for you to take your personal and professional development to the next level.
- Are you facing a major professional challenge, such as a new business, new assignment, or promotion?
- Are you searching for a career direction that will provide you with a greater sense of fulfillment and satisfaction?
- Do you want to strengthen your leadership skills to enhance your impact with people?
- Would you like to have an objective and confidential sounding board to help you work through the challenges you face in your business and in your life?
- Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed or spread too thin?
- Could you use some guidance on how to effectively strike a balance between your personal and professional lives?
- Can you picture yourself leading a simpler, more enjoyable life with less stress and more of what really matters to you?
- Is there something "stirring" in you that wants to be explored?
- Are you willing to invest in a partnership that will help you have the kind of life you really want?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Coaching starts with listening. One of the reasons my coaching is effective is that I listen to my clients and hear them more fully and deeply than they have perhaps ever experienced. So the first thing I will ask you to do, as a prospective client, is tell me a bit about what has prompted you to consider hiring a coach, and how you hope to grow in the process.
Once you've made the decision to hire me as your coach, we begin the intake process. Our first objective is to create what I refer to as a "designed partnership". We define the parameters for the coaching relationship based on your needs, wants, values, personal style and growth objectives. This typically involves a comprehensive assessment designed to help you target specific areas for change and define your personal development objectives.
Once we have established a plan for working together, we meet by phone for two scheduled one-hour sessions per month. This format allows for maximum convenience and minimal disruption to your regular schedule. Our intervening communications take place primarily via e-mail, and I encourage all of my clients to keep me updated between sessions. Since the real value of having a coach is being able to make the connection in real time when something significant arises that you want to process, I invite my clients to contact me as needed between sessions. I simply ask that you keep your unscheduled calls brief.
As our coaching progresses, we will periodically review how the relationship is working for you. Since effective coaching is based on honest communication and direct feedback, I will encourage you to let me know if there is anything about our work together that feels uncomfortable or doesn't "fit" for you.
The duration of our coaching relationship is up to you. I encourage my new clients to commit to working with me for at least six months, since personal and professional growth is often gradual. However, I have worked with clients for as little as four months and as long as ten years (and counting!)
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? MAKE THE COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF TODAY TO PLAY FULL OUT IN THE GAME OF LIFE, AND LET'S DISCUSS WHERE YOU WANT TO GROW TO!
"Barbara’s coaching helped me solve some major issues related to company goals and client relationships. Her biggest contribution was to coach me through a process to establish well-defined boundaries for those aspects of my life over which I thought I had little control. This enabled me to redefine some professional goals and relationships and become more successful moving ahead on projects. Barbara has helped me greatly in my professional as well as private life."
Melinda, business consultant
The best way to understand the value of coaching is to experience it firsthand. I invite you to contact Success Builders to schedule a brief, complimentary coaching session, or to learn more about our services.
Send an e-mail to Coaches@SuccessBuildersInc.Com,
Call us at (843) 795-8315.