|Strong client relationships are the foundation for effective coaching. I view working with my clients as an honor and a privilege, as well as being incredible fun! Our relationships are based on honesty, trust and partnership. I am not the "expert" with all the answers, nor will I attempt to "fix" my clients or client organizations. Rather, I view myself as a catalyst and a guide for positive and strategic change in my clients’ lives, their careers, and their businesses.|
I work most effectively with certain types of clients and organizations.
My ideal individual client:
- Is committed to personal growth
- Wants a fulfilling, balanced and high quality life, and is willing to make intentional changes and choices to accomplish this
- Actively engages in the coaching process; takes responsibility for setting the agenda for growth and looks to the coach for help in designing strategies to achieve that agenda
- Is willing to dig deep, acknowledge both strengths and weaknesses, and deal with the "shadow side" of personal growth
- Treats the coaching process as a priority and makes a personal investment in the partnership
"Barbara helped me to make a career decision that I had been struggling with for two years. She provided me with unbiased professional guidance that helped me to help myself. I have not felt this positive about myself and my future in a long time."
Orlando, computer analyst
Link to Individual Client Services
|My ideal organizational client:
- Is values-driven and strives for integrity in all of its business activities
- Recognizes the importance of having a clear mission, vision and set of guiding principles that will drive organizational behavior and performance
- Understands the need for a balanced economic focus that emphasizes both short and long term financial considerations and investment strategies
- Is willing to commit to investing in its people and their growth and development
- Wants to make strategic and operational changes that will enable it to better serve its various constituencies
- Is socially responsible and actively contributes to its communities
|Link to Business Client Services|
Organizations we have worked with:
Allied Signal Corporation
Bausch and Lomb, Inc.
Carroll Electric Membership Corporation
CHRISTUS Hospital System
City of Anderson, SC
City of Augusta, GA
City of Charleston, SC
Clapper and Company Public Relations
Clear Channel Communications
Community Health Services
Earth Tech, Inc.
Gladstone Homes, Inc.
Greer State Bank
IKON Office Solutions
Insignia Financial Group, Inc.
The Kawneer Company
Kemet Electronics Corporation
Liberty Insurance Services
Management Recruiters International
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak and Stewart, PC
Pinnacle Consulting Group
Rocky Creek Dental Group
Rust Environment and Infrastructure
Ryobi, North America, Inc.
Saint Francis Women’s Hospital
Select Health of South Carolina
South Carolina Life Underwriters Association
Senior Action (A United Way Agency)
Sonoco Products Company
Span-America Medical Systems, Inc.
Spartanburg County, SC
The Executive Women's Forum
The Liberty Corporation
The Lowcountry Housing Trust
Wachovia Bank, N.A.
"I engaged Barbara to coach me on my transition from a 70 hours a week CFO with few outside interests to some unknown career and lifestyle. Though I had doubts at first, the weekly coaching sessions started to help me understand that my life is much more than work. She helped me review my career alternatives and "put on the brakes" on any quick decisions. The final choice was made much easier by having her insight and input. She did not do the work or make the decisions, but guided me in making rational and intelligent choices. She was interested in my complete life, not just my career, which is where her real value lies."
John, Chief Financial Officer
The best way to understand the value of coaching is to experience it firsthand. I invite you to contact Success Builders to schedule a brief, complimentary coaching session, or to learn more about our services.
Send an e-mail to Coaches@SuccessBuildersInc.Com,
Call us at (843) 795-8315.